Why is my heat not working?
There are several items you can check.
- First check that the thermostat is set to the Heat position. Make sure the temperature is set higher than the Inside temperature reading.
- Also check the circuit breaker and reset if necessary.
- Make sure that the furnace door is closed securely.
- If “wait” is in the screen or “heat on” is flashing – wait 5 minutes for the system to safely respond.
- The thermostat will indicate it is asking for the heat to turn on when "heat on" or a "flame" in the display. If this message is in the display, the thermostat is asking for the heat to be on and there is a likely a problem outside of the thermostat preventing the heat from running.
- Verify the call for heat is being made
- Check the configuration of the thermostat to make sure it is controlling the equipment properly.
- Verify that the thermostat is wired correctly.
- Make sure all of the wires are secure and in the correct terminals.
- Make sure the voltages are between 18 and 30 VAC or 20 and 30 VAC depending on the thermostat model.
- Make sure the thermostat faceplate is firmly in place against the wall plate
For more information on the Honeywell heating and cooling systems, please click here to see a list of instructional videos.