Why isn’t my Lyric thermostat connecting to my Wi-Fi router even though it is close to the thermostat?
Please check a few steps first, in order to make sure that your router can be "seen" by your thermostat:
- Your router is powered and broadcasting. You can check this on your mobile device by accessing an Internet browser. If you are not sure if you are using your mobile data or your Wi-Fi connection, put the mobile device in Airplane Mode, then switch on the Wi-Fi signal. If you can browse the Internet in this mode, this means that you have an active Wi-Fi Connection.
- Check that your router is broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal in the 2.4GHz range. This step is required for the following reason: most routers broadcast the signal on a dual frequency, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and most of the more recent smartphones and tablets can “see” both these frequencies. However, Lyric thermostats only operate in the 2.4GHz range. Check your router manual to see how you can make sure it’s broadcasting on a 2.4 GHz range.
- Touch Menu on the thermostat home screen.
- Touch the left/right arrows until you see RESET, then touch Select.
- Touch the left/right arrows to choose a reset option, then touch Select.
- Touch Yes to complete the reset or No to return to the reset sub-menu.
Note: If you have chosen to use a non-broadcasting SSID (network name) on your router, your network name will not appear on the Lyric Wi-Fi list. You will need to manually add your router using the "+" button at the bottom of your Lyric app screen.