How can I control Smart Home Security by voice using Alexa?
Using built-in Amazon Alexa, your Base Station can work like an Amazon Echo.
- Features: Ask built-in Amazon Alexa to play music, tell you the weather forecast, switch on a lamp, turn up the thermostat, dim the lights, and more, just like an Amazon Echo.
- How To: To use Alexa features such as music, lighting, and other controls, you need to enable the Honeywell Home Skill to grant Amazon direct access to command and control your devices.
- Tap the menu in your Alexa app
- Tap "Skills and Games"
- Search for Honeywell Home
- Tap "Enable skill"
- Log in to discover your devices
Your Base Station also works with your other Amazon Alexa devices.
Features: If you have an Amazon Echo, Dot, or Show, you can speak to those devices to ask Alexa to control your Smart Home Security.
- Alexa, show me the baby’s room.
- Alexa, turn the cameras on.
- Alexa, is my home armed?
- Alexa, arm my home in night mode.
- Alexa, arm my home in away mode.
- Alexa, disarm my home. (then Alexa will ask your for your voice PIN)
- (Coming Soon) Amazon’s Security Skill is undergoing testing. Users will be able to ask Alexa to Arm the system, and there may be a Disarm option with 2-factor verification.