The portable air conditioner venting kit must be installed in order for the unit to work correctly in air conditioning mode. Although portable air conditioners come in a range of different styles and sizes, the venting steps are generally the same across the board.
Here are the steps to take to vent a portable AC:
- Decide where you want to vent your AC. The most common location is out of a sliding window, but some customers choose to vent a portable air conditioner out of a drop ceiling or wall.
- Slide the exhaust connector over the discharge opening on the back of the portable air conditioner.
- Connect the exhaust hose to the exhaust connector.
- Fit the opening by adjusting the length of the window kit. If required, also mark the kit and cut it down to fit the opening properly.
- Connect the venting window kit adapter to the window kit.
Insert the window venting kit into the window.
- Connect the exhaust hose to the window kit adapter and shut the window.
Your portable air conditioner is now ready for use! Make sure you keep the exhaust hose very straight while using the venting system. Try not to increase the length of the exhaust hose (it can, however, be shortened). Using an extension cord with a portable air conditioner is also not recommended.