If you’re getting a Connection Failure message on your FocusPRO (TH6320WF, RTH6580WF, or TH6210WF) thermostat, it probably lost internet connection. Please follow the steps below to remedy the issue.
*If your thermostat has lost wi-fi connection, you will be required to be on-location with the thermostat to reconnect it manually. For some users, a reconnection may be possible by remotely re-starting your wi-fi router. Check with your internet service provider for possible options.*
To reconnect your device to Wi-Fi:
- Make sure your router is online.
- Go to your thermostat on the wall and remove it from its base.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Add the thermostat back to its base on the wall.
If that doesn’t work, try the steps below:
Resetting Thermostat’s Wi-Fi Settings
- Press and hold the Fan Button and Up Arrow for about 5 seconds to change the screen.
- Press Back Button or Next Button until 39 appears on the left.
- Press the Up or Down Arrows to change the number on the right to 0.
- Press Done Button.
Reconnecting Thermostat to Wi-Fi
- Make sure Wi-Fi Setup is displayed at the top of the screen.
- On a mobile device, view the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Connect to NewThermsotat_[series of numbers/letters]. *This is a wifi connection between your phone and your thermostat – it is normal to receive a message that states "this connection has no access to the internet" – please dismiss the alert and continue. Do not allow the phone to change to another wi-fi connection until you have completed step 10.* If you do not see the "NewThermsotat_[series of numbers/letters]" network, remove the thermostat faceplate from the wall for 30 seconds and then reattach it and reattempt.
- Wait for your browser to automatically open a setup screen. If this doesn’t happen, go open a new browser and go to the web address 192.168.1.1.
- Find the name of your home network and press Red Button below it.
- Enter your home network’s password and press Connect.
If you’re still having issues, please call Honeywell Customer Care at 1-800-633-3991.