HOW TO CONNECT / THE FOCUSPRO® THERMOSTAT TO A WiFi NETWORK - MODELS / TH6320WF & RTH6580WF
The Connection Failure message on your FocusPRO (TH6320WF, RTH6580WF, or TH6210WF) thermostat means you’ve lost the internet connection, and cannot automatically reconnect, or it failed to join the desired WiFi network. The steps below will resolve this.
*Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to see if you are required to be on-location with the thermostat to reconnect it manually or if it’s possible to restart your WiFi router remotely.
To reconnect your device to WiFi:
- Make sure your router is online.
- Remove the thermostat from its wall base.
- Wait for 1 minute.
- Add the thermostat back to its wall base.
If that doesn’t work, try the steps below:
To reset the thermostat’s WiFi settings
- Press and hold the Fan Button and Up Arrow for about 5 seconds to change the screen.
- Press Back Button or Next Button until 39 appears on the left.
- Press the Up or Down Arrows to change the number on the right to 0.
- Press Done Button. “WiFi Setup” will appear on the thermostat screen after 1-2 minutes.
To reconnect the thermostat to WiFi
- Make sure WiFi Setup is displayed at the top of the screen. (See steps 1-4 above)
- On a mobile device, view the list of available WiFi networks.
- Connect to NewThermsotat_[series of numbers/letters]. *This is a wifi connection between your phone and your thermostat – it is normal to receive a message that states "this connection has no access to the internet" – please dismiss the alert and continue. Do not allow the phone to change to another WiFi connection until you have completed step 10.* If you do not see the "NewThermsotat_[series of numbers/letters]" network, remove the thermostat faceplate from the wall for 30 seconds and then reattach it and reattempt.
- Open an Internet browser, and wait for it to automatically open a “Thermostat WiFi Setup screen.” If this doesn’t happen, open a new browser and go to the web address 192.168.1.1.
- Find the name of your home network and press the Red Button below it.
- Enter your home network’s password and press Connect.
Why does this happen?
- power or service interruptions.
- changes to the router / WiFi network settings
- updates from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
If you still have issues, please call Honeywell Customer Care at 1-800-633-3991.