Which Amazon Echo voice commands can I use with my thermostat?
WHICH AMAZON ECHO ALEXA VOICE COMMANDS CAN I USE WITH MY THERMOSTAT?
Smart Thermostat Echo Voice Commands
- "Alexa, set [group or thermostat name] to X degrees"
- "Alexa, raise [group or thermostat name] by X degrees"
- "Alexa, lower [group or thermostat name] by X degrees"
- "Alexa, what is the temperature inside"
- "Alexa, what is Thermostat set to?"
- “Alexa, what is the temperature of [group or thermostat name]?”
- “Alexa, set [Thermostat Name] to (Heat/Cool/Auto/Off)”
- “Alexa, set [group or thermostat name] to x degrees until 7 PM” *
- “Alexa, set the Living Room to 72 degrees until 7:15PM”.
- “Alexa, resume [thermostat name] schedule”
*Make sure to use 15 minute time intervals. You can set holds up to 23 hours and 45 minutes in the future. After the hold, your thermostat will automatically return to following your schedule. This command will only work on T-Series Smart Thermostats with 7 day scheduling enabled. Round Smart Thermostats or devices in Geofencing control mode will not accept these commands.
Camera and Water Leak commands:
- "Alexa, show my [Camera name]” -
- "Alexa, what is the temperature of [Water Leak Detector name]?”
- "Alexa, turn on [Camera name]?”
Note: Turn off is not currently supported for security reasons.
Smart Home Security commands:
- “Alexa, arm my home in [Stay, Night, Away] mode.”
- “Alexa, disarm my home.” (Alexa voice pin required)
- “Alexa, is my home armed?”
- “Alexa, is my home disarmed?”
Note: Make sure to enable the “Alexa Voice Pin” in the Alexa Mobile App to Disarm your system via Alexa.
Z-Wave lights/outlets/switches commands:
- “Alexa, turn on [device name].”
- “Alexa, turn off [device name].”
- "Alexa, set [device name] brightness to 50.”